What should you do if you have a complaint?

  1. If you are dissatisfied with our service in any way, please contact us and we will attempt to resolve the matter in accordance with our own internal dispute resolution procedure, a copy of which is available upon request. In the first instance you should address any concern or complaint to the Marsh representative servicing your account. Alternatively, you may contact the Marsh Complaints Officer on (03) 9603 2338 or email complaints.australia@marsh.com.
  2. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, the matter will be referred to the Marsh Complaints Officer to investigate and take appropriate action. You will be advised within 15 business days of our decision. If the matter is complex and a longer period is required you will be informed.
  3. If you are not satisfied with our final decision, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA’s role is to assist consumers and small business resolve disputes with their broker or their insurance company. Third party motor vehicle claimants who are uninsured can also access AFCA.

If you have any query about whether your complaint can be handled within AFCA’s rules or you wish to contact them, their contact details are:

Complaints relating to a Lloyd’s Policy?

If you have a complaint about a policy that we arranged under a Lloyd’s Coverholder binder authority that can’t be resolved to your satisfaction by us within 10 business days we will elevate the matter to Lloyd’s Australia Limited.

The process is detailed here.

Your dispute will be referred to the Policyholder and Market Assistance at Lloyd’s. Complaints that cannot be resolved by them may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service UK. Further details will be provided at the appropriate stage of the complaints process.